Parks & Recreation
Parks and Recreation, a division of Leisure Services, prides itself on maintaining the highest levels of service with regard to leisure-based programs and facilities. You can find out when the upcoming events are on the Leisure Services Calendar.
Overall, nearly 75 full-time, part-time, and seasonal personnel of the department manage over 300 acres of land throughout the city, including two community recreation centers, three athletic complexes, three district parks, 16 neighborhood parks, three tennis facilities, five swimming pools and two nature preserves.
New in 2020 is a wheelchair accessible baseball field located on the grounds of Lewis Elementary School which allows all youth, regardless of abilities, to enjoy America's past time.
Within the Parks and Recreation Division, a highly motivated and creative staff provides a wide variety of programs, events, and activities for all ages, abilities and interests.
Focus Cafe (Currently closed due to Covid-19)
The Family Recreation Complex also hosts Focus Cafe, a snack bar style eatery run by the Focus Academy, a free, public charter school with an innovative program in special needs education. The Cafe sells coffee, cold drinks including smoothies and juices, as well as ice cream, muffins, candy and other snacks.
Focus Cafe is open during the school year M-F from 8am until 3pm. Over the summer break, the hours expand through 6pm. Proceeds benefit Focus Academy.
Family Recreation Complex hours:
- Mon. - Fri., 6am - 8pm
- Sat and Sun, 8am - 4pm
- Main Pool: Monday – Friday 9am to 7pm Lane reservations required for the Main Pool (813) 506-6615. (No reservation required for other pools.)
- All Pools: Saturday & Sunday 10am to 3:30pm. 50 people max on deck.
Same as Family Complex hours, Maximum 4 per courts. Closes 10 minutes prior to Facility closing.
10 children parties to resume October 4 with new guidelines.
Due to cautions regarding COVID-19, the public must comply with the following rules while using this City facility:
- Entry restricted to members only
- Building capacity is limited as is usage of pool, tennis and basketball courts (inquire at front desk)
- Fitness Center: 20 person limit; 1 hour workouts
- All minors 15 and younger must be accompanied by parent or caregiver at all times
- Practice 6 ft social distancing at all times
- Sanitize/wash hands before and after use of this facility
- Face coverings are required
- Stay home if you are sick
- No loitering
Use of this facility is at your own risk. Hours of operation may change with little notice.