Parks & Recreation
Parks and Recreation, a division of Leisure Services, prides itself on maintaining the highest levels of service with regard to leisure-based programs and facilities. You can find out when the upcoming events are on the Leisure Services Calendar.
Overall, nearly 75 full-time, part-time, and seasonal personnel of the department manage over 300 acres of land throughout the city, including two community recreation centers, three athletic complexes, three district parks, 16 neighborhood parks, three tennis facilities, five swimming pools and two nature preserves.
In 2020, a wheelchair accessible baseball field located on the grounds of Lewis Elementary School was constructed which allows all youth, regardless of abilities, to enjoy America's past time.
Within the Parks and Recreation Division, a highly motivated and creative staff provides a wide variety of programs, events, and activities for all ages, abilities and interests.
Focus Cafe (NOW OPEN!)
The Family Recreation Complex also hosts Focus Cafe, a snack bar style eatery run by the Focus Academy, a free, public charter school with an innovative program in special needs education. The Cafe sells coffee, cold drinks including smoothies and juices, as well as ice cream, muffins, candy and other snacks.
Focus Cafe is open M-F from 8am until 3pm. Proceeds benefit Focus Academy.
Family Recreation Complex hours:
- Mon. - Fri., 6am - 8pm
- Sat and Sun, 8am - 4pm
- Mon. - Fri., 9am - 7pm
- Sat. and Sun., 10am - 3:30pm
Same as Family Complex hours, Maximum 4 per court. Closes 10 minutes prior to Facility closing.
Due to cautions regarding COVID-19, the public must comply with the following rules while using this City facility:
- All minors 13 and younger must be accompanied by parent or caregiver at all times
- Sanitize/wash hands before and after use of this facility
- Stay home if you are sick
- No loitering
- Guest Policy (Guests will be admitted starting June 21):
- Guests must be accompanied by an adult member at all times.
- Maximum of 5 guests per family membership and 2 guests allowed per individual membership per day.
- Guest Fees: $10 Adult / $8 per child (17 and under).
Use of this facility is at your own risk. Hours of operation may change with little notice.