Aquatics and Sports Leagues
The Aquatics Center at the Family Recreation Complex features 5 pools including the Main Pool, Kiddie Pool with Kiddie Splash Playground, Fun Pool, and Plunge Pool at the water slide. Hours of operation have been adjusted due cautions regarding the pandemic.
As of September 8, 2020, the Main Pool is available for Lap Swimming Only and is open on the following days/times (Hours are subject to change, please call to confirm.):
- Monday - Friday 9am - 6pm (Lane reservations required. Call 813.506.6615 between 9am and 5pm.*)
- Saturday 10am - 3pm (Lane reservations required. Call 813.506.6615 between 9am and 5pm.*)
- Kiddie Pools / Fun Pools open on Saturdays from 10am - 3pm with occupancy restrictions in place
* Check in at Aquatics window. The maximum allotted time is 1.5 hours. If you are more than 15 minutes late, your reservation will be forfeited.
Note that Locker rooms are open only for use of restrooms and hand washing.
Lifeguard Training Classes
The Aquatics Center offers classes in American Red Cross Lifeguard Training. Students must be at least 15 years-old to register. Participants in the class will receive certifications in Lifeguard Training, CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Standard First Aid. This course is accepted by most area water parks and municipal swimming pools for lifeguard candidates.
For more information on the availability of classes, call 813.506.6600.
Competitive Swim Team
Team Velocity is excited to be a new offering at the Aquatic Complex! Team Velocity is a year-round, not-for-profit USA Swimming-sanctioned team. We offer competitive age group and senior swimmers of varying abilities, from pre-competitive to national level, the opportunity to hone their skills in a healthy and nurturing environment.
During the school year, Team Velocity holds daily afternoon practice sessions. Both the schedule and criteria for swim group placement are detailed on Team Velocity’s website www.teamunify.com/fltv. All swim groups will have weekday and Saturday morning practice throughout the summer. Please visit our website for details and click the “Contact Us” button for more information or to arrange a try-out.
There is a $25 registration fee to join Team Velocity. Monthly instructional fees range from $90 to $135/month, depending on group placement. USA Swimming Year-Round annual registration ($75) is required. Team members receive a team tee-shirt and a swim cap.
Click here for more information about Velocity and to register.
Other Aquatics & Classes
Masters (adult) swimming, water aerobics, snorkeling, pool rentals and more!
- Family Recreation Sports Complex - The Family Recreation Sports Complex fields are located behind the Family Recreation Complex. The sports fields consist of two lighted softball fields with clay infields and Bermuda grass outfields, and 5 Bermuda grass soccer fields. The complex is home to the Temple Terrace Soccer Association.
- Youth Sports Complex - The Youth Sports Complex is located on U.S. 301, just north of Temple Terrace Highway. This facility consists of five lighted Bermuda grass baseball fields and four lighted Bermuda soccer fields with concession stands. The complex is in use year-round with a series of tournaments and leagues. The complex is home to the Temple Terrace PONY Baseball and the Temple Terrace Soccer Association.
- Ridgedale Sports Complex - The Ridgedale Sports Complex is located at 204 Ridgedale Road adjacent to Corpus Christi Catholic Church. Recent renovations at this facility include new fencing, field lighting, field reconditioning, new batting cages, and improved parking. The complex consists of five Bermuda grass fields (three with lights). The Ridgedale Sports Complex is home to Temple Terrace Little League’s baseball and fast-pitch softball program.
Affiliated Youth Sports Leagues
- Temple Terrace Little League
Baseball information / concession: (813) 988-9305
- Temple Terrace Soccer Association
- Competitive Youth Soccer: Go to floridasoccerclub.org for more info.
City Operated Leagues & Teams
Call (813) 506-6600 for more information. The following leagues are run by the Parks and Recreation Division:
- Basketball (Girls and Boys)
- Flag Football (Youth)
- Tennis (Children and Adult)
A variety of youth athletic programs are available at the Family Recreation Complex; including: basketball classes, basketball leagues, volleyball skills clinics, sports camps and more.
Pick up a copy of the PlayBook or call 813-506-6600 for information about all our programs, facilities, parks and events. Register at the Family Recreation Complex, 6610 Whiteway Drive, Temple Terrace.