All parade entries must represent and support a patriotic theme which relates to American Independence and the spirit of the Fourth of July. Entries must be decorated appropriately and present a neat, clean and positive image that directly supports the Fourth of July theme of the parade. Marching bands and military units and firefighting and/or law enforcement units may be exempt from the decoration requirement. All parade entries must also promote the health, safety, welfare and positive well-being of City of Temple Terrace residents.
Entries and payment must be received by the City’s Leisure Services Department by June 17. Deliver applications and $50 fee by check, cash or credit card to Cori Collins at the Family Recreation Complex, 6610 Whiteway Dr.
(number determined by length of motorized vehicles 12-40 ft. = 2 monitors)
(1 monitor for every 10 children)
1. All control of the parade is vested to the Parade Committee, which includes City of Temple Terrace staff who shall review
and approve all applications for appropriateness and completeness.
2. Parties wishing to participate in the Fourth of July parade are required to submit an application. An entry fee of $50 is due
with the application submittal. Those applications that are denied participation shall have their fee refunded in full.
3. In order to have an application reviewed for approval, each application shall be accompanied with a signed waiver of
liability. The registration deadline is June 17. No applications will be accepted after this deadline. Entries shall not be allowed
the day of the parade.
4. The Fourth of July Parade is a family-friendly event conducted to celebrate the United States of America independence,
the signing of the Declaration of Independence and to honor American patriots. The Parade is not a platform for political or
targeted special interest groups. All parade entries MUST represent and support the theme and spirit of this celebration using
appropriate decorations on persons and/or vehicles. Applications for entry are considered for approval by the committee
based on the “SHOW VALUE” to the overall theme and spirit of the event. The use of theme, artistic beauty, color, animation,
special effects, originality, ride or personnel and costumes and visual appeal all determine the acceptability of an entry. The
parade committee reserves the right to prohibit entry into the Parade to any applicant the does not meet these requirements.
Upon arriving at the staging area on the day of the event, those entries not conforming with the description provided in
the application will not be allowed to participate in the parade. By making application for entry, it is understood that the
decision of the Parade Committee is final.
5. Animal entries must have provisions for waste removal or will not be allowed to participate.
6. The parade committee shall assign each entry’s position in the parade. Participants should be at the staging area the
morning of the event no later than 9:30am. Late arrivals may lose their assigned position in the parade.
7. Entries shall not be taller than 13’6” from the ground and should be able to maneuver around sharp turns on the parade
route without difficulty.
8. No entry or organization will be permitted to participate in the parade without prior approval of the parade committee.
9. Elected officials desirous of participating in the parade should complete and submit an application but shall be exempt
from the application fee.
Entering your name constitutes your signature and acknowledgement of receipt of these rules and regulations. Please retain a copy for your records.
This application must be approved by the City of Temple Terrace Parade Committee for entry in the parade. The decision of the Parade Committee is final. Applicants will be informed of denials via the applicant’s email address. Confirmation letters that include unit assignments and location will be mailed to applicants approximately one week before the parade.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field