Charter Revision Process
Welcome to the official "Charter Revision Webpage" for the City of Temple Terrace.
The information and resources found here are intended to ensure that the Temple Terrace community is well informed about and invited to participate in the Charter Revision Process.
Charter review committee (CRC):
|Joe Affronti, Chair Person|
Appointed by Council Member Andy Ross.
|Gil Schishler, Vice Chair Person|
Appointed by Council Member Frank Chillura.
|Carl Avari-Cooper, Committee Member|
Appointed by Council Member David Pogorilich.
|James Chambers, Committee Member|
Appointed by Council Member Bob Boss.
|Robert Fernandez, Committee Member|
Appointed by Council Member Cheri Donohue.
Agenda & Minutes
As an official appointed Advisory Board to the Temple Terrace City Council, all meetings of the CRC are conducted in accordance with the Sunshine Laws of the State of Florida.
All agenda and recorded minutes can be downloaded here.
Proposed Charter Revisions & Amendments
|Draft 12/1 - full version|
(Red line format)
|Updated & Replaced||On 2/20/2018, the CRC presented the first draft of the proposed charter amendments to City Council for discussion. Council provided input and direction regarding additional revisions & amendments.|
|Draft 2/26- full version|
(Red line format)
|Updated & Replaced||Additional edits discussed and added. This version scheduled for review by City Council on 3/20/2018.|
|Draft 3/14- full version|
(Red line format)
|Updated & Replaced||On 3/20/2018, the CRC presented the second draft of the proposed charter revisions and amendments to City Council for discussion. Council directed staff to schedule a workshop so that final details can be worked o|
|Draft 3/20 - full version|
(Red line format)
|Updated & Replaced||On 4/17/2018, the City Council held a public workshop to discuss final edits to the second draft of the proposed charter revisions and amendments. Council provided direction to city staff and requested the city attorney to prepare sample referendum questions of the revision and bring them back to Council on May 15, 2018.|
|Draft 4/17 - full version|
(Red line format)
|CURRENT Version||Minor edits added. Copies available for discussion at the Town Hall meeting held 4/19/2018 at the Temple Terrace Golf & Country Club.|
|Process Update||Pending||On 5/15/2018, the City Attorney, Pam Cichon, reported to Council that the sample referendum questions were not yet complete and that she would present them to Council at a later time.|
|Ordinance Introduced||First Reading||On 7/3/2018, the City Attorney, Pam Cichon, presented to Council an ordinance calling for a referendum election on 11/6/2018, so that the public electorate may vote on several proposed Charter revisions. The ordinance contained three proposed referendum questions and red line edits of the proposed Charter language revisions & amendments. City Council approved the ordinance on first reading. A second reading is scheduled for 7/17/2018.|
|Referendum Questions||Summary Page||City staff prepared a summary page of the three proposed referendum questions approved by City Council on 7/3/2018.|
|Ordinance Approved||Second Reading||On 7/17/2018, the City Attorney, Pam Cichon, presented the ordinance to Council for a second reading. City Council, after some discussion, approved the ordinance on second reading. During the public hearing on this matter, the City utilized social media to accept real-time public comment. No comments were submitted.|
- Video Link - Council Workshop discussing charter review (2/20/2018)
- Video Link - Council Meeting presentation by CRC Chair (3/20/2018)
- Video Link - Council Workshop discussing charter review (4/17/2018)
- Video Link - Town Hall Meeting (4/19/2018) Full Meeting | Skip to Charter Review Discussion
- Video Link - City Council Meeting, Ordinance introduced and approved on first reading (7/3/2018)
- Video Link - City Council Meeting, Ordinance approved on second reading (7/17/2018)
Office of Public Information Publicity Plan Promoting the Charter Revision Process
The following outline provides recommended steps to ensure that the Temple Terrace community is well informed about and invited to participate in the Charter Revision Process:
- A dedicated webpage shall be developed to highlight proposed charter revisions and community participation opportunities.
- This online resource shall be referred to in related materials as the
“Charter Revision Webpage”
- The webpage will be accessible to the public at www.templeterrace.com/charter-revisions.
- Downloadable versions of the proposed charter revisions will be made available on the webpage.
- The City shall develop a brief video PSA describing the proposed charter revisions and the community participation opportunities.
- The video shall be viewable on the City’s YouTube channel.
- The video shall also be linked via the City’s Home Webpage, the City’s Charter Revision Webpage, the City’s Facebook page and the City’s Twitter page.
- The video also will be included in the recurring play schedule for the City’s Government Access TV channels.
- News releases shall be created and distributed announcing all meetings & inviting community participation and input.
- Notation added to utility bills indicating webpage address for complete details and downloadable resources.
- News Media Print advertising shall be utilized to promote the schedule of official meetings and direct interested parties to online resources and community participation opportunities.
- Meetings shall be advertised on the City’s social media outlets and on the City’s home webpage.
- Printed posters for all meeting and workshops shall be displayed in various locations around town to help promote community participation.
- The City shall host a Town Hall meeting on 4/19/2018 and dedicate a portion of the meeting to receiving public comment and questions related to the proposed charter revisions.
- The City shall host a Council Workshop on 4/17/2018 to discuss charter revisions (updated).
- Once an ordinance is introduced detailing the charter revision language for referendum, the Office of Public Information shall invite real-time online questions and comments via the City’s Facebook page that will be shared during public hearings at televised meetings.
- Printed fliers, publicizing this process and promoting community participation, shall be distributed at various City facilities and published online for electronic download.
Supplement to the Publicity Plan
Supporting Materials & Amended Content:
- The Town Hall meeting date referenced in item 9 of the Publicity Plan is set for 4/19/2018; update indicated above.
- Item #10 updated to reflect date of workshop and Facebook interactivity at one or more public meetings.
- Item #10 updated to reflect that real-time online questions and comments via the City’s Facebook page was not utilized during the meeting on 4/17.
- The City utilized Facebook to accept real-time public comment during the public hearing on 7/17/2018. No comments were submitted. This is referenced in item #11 above.