Online Permit Services
For online permit inquiries and inspection options, visit Community Development Permit Services.
Permit Applications by Email
We will accept permit applications by email. Applications that will be processed by email are those that would typically be issued “over-the-counter” and that do not require zoning review or plan review. Examples of permits that will be processed by email are:
- Plumbing Re-pipe
- Electrical Rewire
- Electric Service Rehab/Rebuild
- Electric Service Upgrade
- Air Conditioner Replacement
- Window or Door Replacement
- Garage Door Replacement
- Storm Panels/Shutters
- Residential Tree Removal (ONLY after you have received approval from City Arborist)
- Electric, Mechanical, Plumbing, Roof and Gas permits in conjunction with new construction, additions or renovations where the building contractor has already had the plans reviewed and the Building Permit has been issued.
For more information please see “Permit Application by Email Policies and Procedures”
Any owner, authorized agent, or contractor who desires to construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move demolish or change the occupancy of a building or structure, or to erect, install, enlarge, alter, repair, remove, convert or replace any electrical, gas, mechanical or plumbing system, the installation of which is regulated by technical codes, or to cause any such work to be done, shall first make application to the Building Department of the City of Temple Terrace to obtain the required permit before commencement of the work.
Temple Terrace offers online permitting options where residents, contractors, and others can check permit application status, pay permit fees, check inspection results, and schedule or cancel an inspection.
Exceptions that do not require a permit for work: