Family Complex Clay Courts
6610 Whiteway Drive
This membership-based facility boasts six state-of-the-art clay tennis courts and offers open play, leagues, tournaments, clinics, group and private lessons. For Clay Court reservations, contact the Family Recreation Customer Service desk at 813.506.6600 after 8am. Proper tennis attire and tennis etiquette must be used at all times. No running shoes or cross trainers allowed on the courts.
After School Tennis Classes with Peter Adler PTR Tennis Certified Professional
These lessons are designed to introduce kids to the sport of Tennis in a fun group setting. Beginners will learn the basics with the goal of developing skills and strategies that will make them successful competitors.
Ages 5 - 7 from 3:30 - 4PM
Ages 8 - 14 from 4 - 5PM
Per Class: $10 Members / $15 Non-Members
Contact Peter directly with all questions
*Payment is made directly to Instructor prior to each class. Contact Instructor directly for payments options.
Tennis Hard Courts Tennis Center
10901 Richlyne Street
The Hard-Court Tennis Center is located east of the Omar K. Lightfoot Center on Whiteway Drive. This public facility has six lighted hard courts and restrooms. All hard courts may be used at no cost. The tennis center is open from 8am until 8:55pm, Monday through Friday, and 8am until sunset on Saturday and Sunday.
Same as Family Complex hours, Maximum 4 per court. Closes 10 minutes prior to Facility closing.
Due to cautions regarding COVID-19, the public must comply with the following rules while using this City facility:
- All minors 13 and younger must be accompanied by parent or caregiver at all times
- Sanitize/wash hands before and after use of this facility
- Stay home if you are sick
- No loitering
- Guest Policy:
- Guests must bring a valid ID at the time of registration
- Guests must be accompanied by an adult member at all times.
- Maximum of 5 guests per family membership and 2 guests allowed per individual membership per day.
- Guest Fees: $10 Adult / $8 per child (17 and under).
Use of this facility is at your own risk. Hours of operation may change with little notice.