Rent Omar K. Lightfoot Center
• A refundable security/cleaning deposit is required at the time of application to hold a date. Full payment of the rental is required no later than 15 days prior to the approved rental date. Payment may only be made in the form of: Cash, Credit Card, Check or Money Order. Forfeiture of the deposit will occur if the facility is not returned to pre-rental condition as determined by attendant, late cancellation or payment issues arise, time overruns occur, or damages occur during the rental.
• Cancellation – Cancellation of approved rental agreement: 31+ days prior to event – full refund; 16-30 days prior to event – forfeiture of deposit and 50% of rental fee; 15 or fewer days prior to event – NO refund of deposit or rental fee. No Shows on the day of the event – NO refund of deposit/rental fee.
• $35 late payment fee will be applied if approved rental is not paid in full 15 days prior to the approved rental date & time.
• Short Notice Rental Requests: Any rental request within 15 days of the requested rental date will be assessed a Short Notice Rental Fee of $35. Fees paid within 1 week of the approved rental must be paid in cash or money order.
• The City of Temple Terrace Leisure Services Department prohibits the rental of any City facility to a commercial organization or any individual for the purpose of making a profit for that organization or individual.
• No alcoholic beverages are allowed within any public park or rental facility at any time. If found in violation, immediate end of rental. No deposit/rental fees will be refunded.
• No smoking is permitted at any rental facility or inside any City building pursuant to the Florida Clean Air Act. If found in violation, the deposit will be forfeited.
• Rentals extending beyond times stated on this agreement will be charged at 1.5 times the stated hourly rental rate in 30-minute increments.
• Renter assumes full responsibility for City property and equipment and shall be held liable for property damage other than normal wear and tear.
• Renter must be on site throughout the entire duration of the rental. Subletting of space is prohibited.
• The City shall not be liable for, and renter hereby discharges and holds the City harmless for all claims for loss, damage or injury of any nature whatsoever to person or property, which claims result in any way from, arise in any fashion from, or are connected with use of the City facility. The City will require proof of insurance listing the City of Temple Terrace as the additional insured.
• Renter is responsible for crowd and parking control. The City of Temple Terrace Leisure Services Department and Police Department reserve the right to require Renter to hire off duty police officers to assure adequate crowd and parking control. Police presence is required at all Temple Terrace Resident Teen Related Rentals.
• Renter shall remove all decorations and trash from the facility before leaving and ensure return of facility to pre-rental condition.
• The City of Temple Terrace Leisure Services Department reserves the right to refuse the rental of its facilities to anyone whose intended purpose or requested rental attendance or activity is outside of the scope of normal operation of the requested facility.
• Requested date for the facility will only be reserved after completion of: Facility Use Agreement, receipt of full deposit, receipt of tax or insurance forms as needed, sign-off of Rental Checklist, and final approval of Phases 1, 2, and 3
To get printable form for renting Omar K. Lightfoot center click here.