Public Housing Assistance
PUBLIC HOUSING & SECTION 8 RENTAL ASSISTANCE
The City of Temple Terrace does not provide housing-related services directly. Below are some relevant County and other contacts, as well as additional information on seeking assistance.
Housing Rehabilitation Assistance Programs
If you are seeking assistance for low income rental housing, contact the following sources:
- Risk Reduction Division, City of Temple Terrace Fire Department 813.506.6690
- Tampa Housing Authority
Additional information on available rental housing also can be found at the following links:
Assistance for homeless or those at-risk of becoming homeless is provided through a number of agencies. Contact the following:
- Hillsborough County Homeless Services Department 813.274.6834 or 813.301.7328
- Tampa Hillsborough Homeless Initiative 813.223.6115
The Homeless Services Department administers $3.9 million in contracts with service providers in the community to address homelessness among families and single adults for specific target populations:
- Metropolitan Ministries Provides emergency and bridge housing and other support services to homeless families and single women on campuses and in community-based apartments. Contact Metropolitan Ministries at 813.209.1000 for more information.
- The Salvation Army Provides up to 75 shelter beds and other support services for homeless single men and women. Contact The Salvation Army at 813.221.4440 for more information.
- Agency for Community Treatment Services (ACTS): Provides emergency and bridge housing focused on homeless persons with mental health, substance abuse, or co-occurring disorders. Housing is provided in both a limited mental health assisted living facility and community-based apartments. Contact ACTS at 813.246.4899 for more information.
- Drug Abuse and Comprehensive Coordinating Office (DACCO): Provides a 75 bed housing facility with supportive services designed to move adults quickly from homelessness to housing and surrounds them with needed support and services so they can sustain stable, decent, and affordable housing. Contact DACCO at 813.621.8781 for more information.
Senior Housing & Services
For senior living resources, go to seniorguidance.org
Other Social Service Needs
Hillsborough County residents can seek help with social needs at the County's five Neighborhood Service Centers. At these locations, case managers will help clients with utilities, education, shelter, homeless prevention, transportation and job search. The closest service center to Temple Terrace is the Lee Davis Community Resource Center located at 402 N. 22nd St., in Tampa.
Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity Discrimination
Residents who believe they have been discriminated against based up their race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression, should contact the Equal Opportunity Administrator's Office with Hillsborough County. Call 813.272.6554, TTY / Relay Number is 800.955.8771, or go to the County's website.